- Kirkwood Community College offers information on schooling for adults and non-traditional students.
- Catherine McAuley Center-Adult Basic Education provides free one-on-one tutoring for adult women and men. They offer extended hours to allow for weekday evening and Saturday morning tutoring sessions. A childcare room is available while parents study at the McAuley Center. The Center also offers off-site education tutoring locations in addition to the main tutor site.
- Cedar Rapids Community School District is designed to provide excellence for all students, and is based on a guiding philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Cedar Valley Montessori School is a non-profit organization dedicated to guiding children from age three through six. Our location in Cedar Rapids serves students from many communities in Linn County, Iowa.
- Chinese School of Iowa City Activities include learning Chinese and practicing programs relating to Chinese culture. School has two locations: University Baptist Church at 1850 Benton St, and a classroom at 450 Hawkeye Drive.
- Coe College is private, nationally recognized four-year liberal arts institution providing superior educational experiences for students since 1851. The approximately 1,300 students enrolled at Coe make up a diverse population, representing more than 33 states and over 15 foreign countries. With more than 40 majors that range from accounting to art to molecular biology, Coe College awards the following degrees: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Music (B.M.), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) and Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.).
- College Planning Center Iowa College Access Network helps students at all levels reach their educational goals. Free services are available in schools, online and at the ICAN College Planning Centers.
- Cornell College is a private, four-year liberal arts college offering students an extraordinary array of opportunities— in the classroom, on campus, and around the world. One of two U.S. campuses listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Cornell College is unique in U.S. higher education in offering the combination of liberal arts study with the One-Course-At-A-Time class framework. It is also noted for its active residential community, emphasis on student service and leadership, and wooded, hilltop setting.
- Grant Wood AEA Bullying, harassment and sexual harassment prevention conducts and analyzes the results of surveys regarding the extent of bullying in a district & or building to help to determine the full extent of bullying issues, will help in establishing specific school rules, examining policies and procedures, conducting classroom meetings and engaging parents and communities in joining schools in prevention activities.
- Hiawatha Public Library offers hundreds of books, story times, and web access.
- Iowa Children's Museum exists to celebrate and nurture the power and potential of every child. While making learning fun with games, activities and exhibits.
- Kirkwood Community College - Continuing Education they make every effort to help you achieve success in life. You'll find hundreds of classes and workshops for personal growth, recreation, certification and skills development at times and locations that fit your lifestyle.
- Kirkwood Community College GED Testing - Lincoln Ctr offers programs such as, Adult Literacy Tutoring, Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, GED Preparation & Testing, High School Programs, Adult High School, High School Distance Learning (HSDL), High School Transfers.
- Marion Public Library offers hundreds of books, story times, and web access.
- Mount Mercy University Small and personal enough to be comfortable, they offer study abroad and global experiences, more than 40 co-curricular activities and clubs, 13 NAIA varsity athletic teams and intramural, and a vibrant campus life.
- Online Schools provides honest, up-to-date and readily available information on accredited online schools.
- R.E.A.C.H. U of I College of Education - Program for young adults with learning and cognitive disabilities
- The University of Iowa is a major national research university located on a 1,900-acre campus in Iowa City in southeast Iowa, on the Iowa River near the intersection of U.S. Interstate Highways 80 and 380. Iowa is composed of 11 colleges. More than 30,000 students enroll at Iowa each year.
Minority Grants and Scholarships
- A Better Chance is the oldest and only national organization of its kind changing the life trajectory for academically talented youth of color via access to rigorous and prestigious educational opportunities for students in grades 6-12. They carry out their mission through our signature College Preparatory Schools Program, which annually recruits, refers and supports about 500 Scholars at more than 300 Member Schools in 27 states.
- American Indian College Fund provides scholarships and other support for the American Indian students. Tribal colleges, the vast majority of which are located on or near reservations, provide opportunity and access to post-secondary education where once there was none.
- Asian American Journalists Association is a non-profit professional and educational organization with more than 2,000 members today. AAJA serves Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders by encouraging young people to consider journalism as a career, developing managers in the media industry, and promoting fair and accurate news coverage.
- College Scholarship Information is designed to offer college-bound, graduate school-bound, and career school bound students of all ages easy access to information about a wide variety of subjects which include: free college scholarship and financial aid searches, SAT and ACT test preparation tips, and more.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund is the nation's leading Hispanic scholarship organization, providing the Hispanic community more college scholarships and educational outreach support than any other organization in the country.
- National Black MBA Association leads in the creation of educational opportunities and economic growth for African Americans.
- Online Degree Information offers list upon list of online college degree information for any age.
- United Negro College Fund Administers 400 scholarship and internship programs, Provides operating funds for its 39 member colleges, all of them small liberal arts institutions, making it possible for them to offer their students 21st century academic programs while keeping their tuition to less than half the average of other private colleges.
Make Findit! Suggestions